Cracking your brain on what to whip up this Hari Raya? Look no further - let this creamy cashew butter curry recipe be the perfect addition to your Hari Raya feast.
The velvety smooth cashew butter adds richness and depth to the fragrant spices and tender chicken, resulting in a mouthwatering dish that will satisfy your cravings.
This recipe is easy to make and can be customized to suit your preferences. Whether you like it spicy or mild, this curry is sure to impress your guests. Serve it with some fluffy basmati rice or warm naan bread for a complete meal. Don't miss out on this delicious and comforting dish that is sure to become a family favorite!
40 minutes 2 servings Moderate
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 2–3 fresh mixed-colour chillies
- 350 g ripe mixed-colour cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 6cm piece of ginger
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 4 heaped tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 2 x 150 g free-range skinless chicken breasts olive oil
- 2 tablespoons smooth cashew butter
- Fry tomatoes and deseed chilies on high heat and cook till it is charred.
- Peel and grate garlic and ginger into fine pieces and add garam, sea salt, black pepper and 1 tablespoon of yogurt into mixture.
- Deeply score chicken breasts at 1cm intervals then massage with the marinade.
- Heat 1/2 a tbsp of olive oil and fry the chicken with medium heat for 10 minutes
- Combine chicken, tomatoes, chilies and cashew butter into a pot
- Pour in 250ml of boiling water and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Once thicken, remove chicken and allow sauce to simmer for another 2 minutes
- Plate chicken and sauce together and serve with remaining yogurt, chili and garam masala
Recipe source: James Oliver